I’m Derrick and below is me looking dapper as hell at my Master’s Graduation in 2014.
I first came across Wealthy Affiliate during the summer of 2016, basically trying to learn everything I could about online business. I was simply trying out new things, hoping to find something I was good at. I had stopped working in finance at the time, involuntarily. But I decided to use that time to just research my strengths and see if I was innately good at any other thing besides drawing and eating. Long story short, I realised that I was pretty good at writing shortly after joining Wealthy Affiliate. This was largely thanks to the free websites I was given upon signing up. Messing around with them was fun, but it eventually led into me finding out about something I was good at that I didn’t know about.
For those of you that are skeptical, I can fully confirm that the the starter account is $0, no catch, no credit card required – so you could decide if it’s right for you without risking a single dime of your hard earned money. Check it out at Wealthy Affiliate.
What is Wealthy Affiliate?
Founded in 2005 by Kyle and Carson, Wealthy Affiliate has become one of the most reputable and highest-rated resources to teach you digital marketing and online business.
Whenever I talk to someone about WA – I always start by saying it’s not some money making scheme, easy system to riches or pyramid scam. So what is Wealthy Affiliate? Wealthy Affiliate University is first of all an online business community and a marketing training center. If you think that you will start making money by simply joining WA – I would suggest you walk away, it’s not going to happen. This is probably the biggest difference between WA and all the other online programs – Wealthy Affiliate does not sell hype and false promises, it doesn’t promise to make you rich overnight and it doesn’t promise you a shortcut to overnight millions of dollars. However, this program promises to teach, train, educate and support you. If you are willing to start and run a successful business – than keep reading.
Wealthy Affiliate Pros vs. Cons
- Clear Plan of Action
- All levels of training – Beginner and Advanced
- Video training, Step-by-step Tutorials and Courses
- 10,000′s of community members
- 13 Full, Interactive Classrooms with tasks to complete
- Live & Interactive Help from owners and expert members
- 2 Free Easy-to-Build Websites (you will also learn what to do with these sites)
- State of the Art Hosting
- A strict spam free environment.
- No up-sells, ever. (except Premium, of course)
- $0 Membership. Yes, completely FREE!
- Too much information that can be overwhelming
- Not allowed to advertise/sell within WA. (This should be a warning for spammers who want to join WA just so they could try to sell something)
- Starter membership is great for beginners but an upgrade to premium is highly suggested in order to access advanced training
Is Wealthy Affiliate for You?
I must admit that WA is not a perfect choice for everyone. Wealthy Affiliate teaches people how to build a business and how to expand a business and take it to the next level. So in one word it teaches you Marketing. If you aren’t willing to learn and to take action than the whole concept of making money online isn’t for you. So who can really benefit from this program?
- A person who wants to make an extra income to supplement their salary.
- Stay at home moms and dads who have some free time and are willing to spend it in front of the computer.
- Students who want to make money to help them pay for their tuition, some college students built 6-figure businesses from their dorm, using Wealthy Affiliate.
- Business owners who want to get more visibility online.
- Retired folks who have free time and want to supplement their pension.
- People who are fed up of 9-to-5 and want to start their own business. Many Wealthy Affiliate members have been able to quit their “day job” to do online marketing full time (I fall into this category)
As you can see, WA is good choice for everyone who is seeking to earn money from home, however you must understand that you will have to invest your time and effort in order to make it work. This program will teach you how to BUILD a business – and any business, online or offline requires an investment of time, effort and usually money. The big difference between starting an online business instead of a traditional brick and mortar business is that you do not need a start-up capital to get started online. You do not even need any money to join Wealthy Affiliate, the basic free membership gives you all you need to get started: including 2 free hosted websites, training and all the support you need. What Exactly Do You Get Inside?
Wealthy Affiliate only costs $49/month.
Update: Wealthy Affiliate is now FREE to join! (GET YOUR FREE ACCOUNT NOW!)
The program has two (2) different membership levels: the basic and the premium. This is really awesome because you can join without spending a single penny, look around, meet some people, create your own websites (hosting included) and see how it goes. If you love it like I do – you will join Premium for ever more benefits or you could still build an online business using your free starter membership, no strings attached. This alone makes WA so much better than any other program or opportunity – there is no risk of losing money to something that might not work. Put your credit card away and get a free membership!
What you get with your 0$ starter membership:
- Instant access to over 500 training modules
- 2 free websites along with free hosting
- Access to 3 classrooms
- Live support from the owners for the first 7 days and support from many experts inside WA!
- 30 keyword searches a month
- Phase 1 of the Boot camp course, teaching you how to build an authority website.
What you get with your Premium membership ($49/month):
- Live Video Classes
- Instant access to over 500 training modules
- Unlimited free websites along with free hosting
- Website Backup and Website Security Package
- Access to all 12 classrooms
- Unlimited Live support from the owners and support from many experts inside WA!
- Unlimited keyword searches
- All phases of the Boot camp course
- 100% higher commissions.
- Private access to my support.
- … and a lot more!
The most valuable benefits of Wealthy Affiliate University (in my opinion) are the step-by-step approach to building a business and the support from Kyle, Carson and many expert members. Most other online programs are lacking the support and the clear action plan. I have tested different programs over the past year and nothing comes close to the quality of WA.
How much does Wealthy Affiliate cost?
There are 2 membership levels within Wealthy Affiliate. The starter membership is free and will always remain that way. The Premium membership costs $49 per month ($19 the first month), or $30 per month with a yearly subscription.